As the hunt for a director for 8 Fast 8 Furious (working title) heats up, let’s take a look at the former instalments in the mega-franchise:
7) 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) – An abysmal film (that some may find entertaining).
6) Fast and Furious 6 (2013) – The Rock’s goatee vanishes in some scenes yet the runway is infinite.
5) Fast and Furious (2009) – Dumb fun revenge flick.
4) The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) – Lucas Black’s accent is unbearable. This film is so generic and childish it could be a Disney movie. Great racing scenes are a redeeming factor.
3) Furious 7 (2015) – From the director of Saw and Insidious, Wan surprisingly provides a decent action film. The soundtrack was great and the film had some thrilling moments – moreover a tasteful farewell to Paul Walker.
2) The Fast and The Furious (2001) – Cliché undercover cop story with well thought out characters. Realistic and gritty, this film is nothing like the rest of the series but still fantastic.
1) Fast Five (2011) – The best of the series and one of the best action films of recent years. Rock versus Diesel, hilarity and heart, action and tension; Fast Five is the ultimate bro flick.